I made these bars bright and early this morning. They were a perfect breakfast before yoga this morning. They kept me full for a very long time and I was energized for my workouts. These bars would be perfect to make at the beginning of the week and keep them in your fridge for day to day. I find comfort in having snacks ready to go that I have made. I know the ingredients, and how they were made. I prefer having my home filled with wholesome foods that I made.
These bars pack a punch. Lots of nutrients, energy and YUMMINESS that you will be addicted to. Takes a lot for me to not eat the whole tray at once.
Here is the LIST OF AWESOME STUFF that goes in these bars:
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 cup Mixed Chopped Nuts (I used Cashews, Walnuts and Almonds)
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (or any Nut Butter)
- 4 tbsp Honey
Step by Step on How to Create Deliciousness
- Mix the chopped nuts, seeds, coconut, cranberries and cinnamon together in a larger bowl.
- Get out a small sauce pan. On low heat mix together peanut butter (or alternative) and honey.
- When honey and nut butter are completely mixed, put all of it into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- After thats all coated in the nut butter and honey mix, place in a pan (bake on parchment paper).
- The oven should be preheated to 350F and you can bake for 15-20 minutes. Then cool and cut.
These took about 15 minutes to make, and 15 minutes to cook. I actually made them at 8:00am before my 9:30am Yoga class… so they are pretty quick and delicious!